Have recently installed Visual Studio 2017 (release candidate version). And I’m not a big fan of the vertical lines between if declarations, methods, classes and namespaces. It becomes very cluttered when you have a lot of if’s or short methods.
But fourtunately it’s easy to hide the lines, uncheck the option “Show structure guide lines” in Tools > Options > Text Editor > General > Display.
Hide lines between braces option:
show structure guide lines
Wow now is Visual Studio 2017 available for test (release candidate version). Microsoft seems to release a new version every second year now of Visual Studio. Some new features I really like so far:
- Visual Studio has been optimized to reduce startup time and solution load time. The very first launch of Visual Studio is at least 50% faster. I mean who likes slow software. =)
- Reference method returns.
- Value tuples where you could convert anonymous object to a tuple.
Get i from: https://www.visualstudio.com/vs/visual-studio-2017-rc/
Failed to register URL “http://localhost:63647” for site application. Error description: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0x80070020).
1. Open project properties.
2. Choose “Web” on the left hand side.
3. Update the port number in the project URL. Then click yes if you want to update the virtual directory.
4. Save and restart Visual studio, then you should be good to go! =)
Did a silly mistake when I updated a MVC website the other day. I did some css and html changes but that didn’t seem to be updated when I hit F5 in the browser. It only become updated when I did a rebuild in Visual Studio, really frustrating and I spent nearly 1 hour to figure out what was wrong.
At last I found what was causing this. It was beacause it was a OutputCache directive on the action in the controller that cached all the content.
Sometimes the answers are really simple if you know where to look.. =)
Nytt tema för Visual Studio 2010 (font and colors). Anpassat efter färger som WHO bedömt som ergonomiska.
Se mer på http://studiostyl.es/schemes/who-ergonomic-colors
Om man tröttnar på de tråkiga färgerna och den vita starka bakgrundsfärgen i visual studio finns det massor av nya teman att prova.
Provade själv skapa ett.. http://studiostyl.es/schemes/darkice men är svårt att få till något bra då man är van med de speciella färgerna.